Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Mantel

So I got the new Pottery Barn catalog a few weeks ago, and when I was browsing throught it I saw this picture and was inspired!  I hadn't done anything with our fireplace mantel since Christmas and it was looking pretty blah.  I immediately went to the Michaels website and saw they were having a 50% off sale on Spring decorating items!  WOOHOO!  I headed over there at lunch one day and found just what I was looking for.  I also signed up for the Michaels email list and have been getting coupons quite frequently.  You can't use them on sale items, but there were some things I purchased that weren't on sale, so printing it out paid off.  I do love my coupons!  I got a beautiful Apothecary vase for $10!  Anyway, this is what I ended up with.  Beautiful little seafoam green ceramic birds perched atop glass candle holders (I already had the candle holders), a spring garland dotted with little gems, faux moss covered stones, a glass Apothecary jar with a mini orchid inside (which I paid 99 cents for!) and a glass vase filled with Japanese Cherry Blossoms, Dogwood Blooms and Orchids.  I am quite pleased with how it turned out!  Now I have to start planning the Summer mantel.  Hmm!

    





No comments:

Post a Comment